Saturday 3 June 2023

What works, What Doesn't?

A bit of a catch up, this blog entry might ramble on a little, sorry, I should post more often but honestly, I have just not had the energy. It has been a little up and down since my last post, I am finding it hard than I imagined to come to terms with the concept of a new normal, pre tumour Simon may never return fully, at the moment I am trying to focus on being consistent both with work and exercise and taking as much care of myself than ever before, many habits like stretching and proper hydration, things I would neglect previously are suddenly things I need to be constantly mindful of especially when it comes to my mental health, I am ever thankful that the good days far outnumber the and days now, and I am slowly learning to overcome problems that are going to be fairly common place for the foreseeable future, for instance, walking, while I can walk with an almost full gait now I get very tired quite quickly and I am left quite drained, the more tired I get the harder it becomes to coordinate the left and right hemispheres, the walk from the bus station to work was a prim problem and high lighted this, solution? Well I picked up a folding bike, I am lucky enough to be able to purchase a Brompton at staff prices which so far is opening up my world and adding a greater independence to my life.



Cycling is actually something that worried me, what if I was not able to ride again? Well I don't have to worry too much, apart from being out of shape and tired mush of the time I am able to cycle, better than before which is nice, combine the Brompton and my lovely Surly it will make a return to health and fitness much easier, given how much work I need to do this is going to be a long road. My plans and ambitions from before are still there, bubbling away on the back burner, getting back out Bikepacking and longer trips is where I want o see myself in a year, maybe two, provided I my six monthly scans are all clear this should be do able.

one thing I do want to do is re assess many things, a bloody good clear out of a lot of my old clothes that I no longer fit into, old bike parts in the shed, a change in my Bikepacking gear, clearing much of the clutter our in my life, maybe even build some more of the model kits I am accumulating, given I now am able to use my right had fairly well now I have no excuse. Anyway, signing off for now, I have a couple more entries planned that I want to get penned so to speak, I am even looking at the possibility of a video at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Craniversary

This is going to be an odd post, there has been so much happening since my last post, I feel I need to flush my brain so to speak and put do...